- Reviewing client profiles during account opening phase to ensure conformity to internal and regulatory
requirements on AML/CFT/CDD standards, producing client risk assessments, due diligence analysis and assigning an appropriate risk rating.
- Provide advisory support to the business with regard to resolving newly identified adverse media, link to sanction countries related issues, identifying potential Politically Exposed Persons etc.
- Assisting with the preparation, presentation of new and existing client relationship to a local control
committee with the objective of obtaining business & compliance management approval to commence/maintain the relationship with the client.
- Review client’s transaction for the period under review and flag out any suspicious transactions with regard to unknown 3rd parties; commercial nature etc.
- Conducting investigations and filing suspicious transaction reports (STRs) as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to changes to internal KYC procedures.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the domestic regulatory requirements (MAS) and be aware of the different obligation from other jurisdictions.
- Provide support to Monitoring & Surveillance team from time to time and on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
- There will be opportunities to participate in a range of developmental projects, mainly focusing on procedures development, process improvement initiatives & enhancing existing controls.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Positive working attitude and analytical skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Candidate with 3 years of relevant working experiences, preferably in Wealth Management or
- Private Banking
- Degree qualified
- MS Excel; Word & PowerPoint
- Lotus Notes
- Knowledge in the use of World-check and Factiva
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs