Who are Cover Genius? we’re a rapid growth Fintech Start-up focussed on disrupting the insurance market globally. We’ve enjoyed huge success so far through a blend of our exceptional products, energetic team and incredible culture. Cover Genius was nominated in the global Fintech 100 by KPMG in 2017 and was recognised as the fastest growing company in Australia by Smart Company in 2017.
Cover Genius is seeking a seriously driven VP of Partnerships to lead the development and execution of the company’s partnerships and distribution strategy for the Fintech category across the Americas. Ideally you will be a Fintech expert or have real depth of knowledge across both the technology and financial industries. The role will report to the Executive Vice President of the Americas and work closely with the local and global teams to identify, cultivate, structure and close complex deals with sophisticated distribution partners. You will be responsible for the achievement of local and regional distribution and revenue targets for the category across North America, Canada and LATAM. This will include ownership of the distribution deal pipeline, product co-creation with partners, and the structuring of optimal commercial terms. It will also include ownership and management of key relationships at partner organisations and with stakeholders internally. This is an opportunity to be a foundational member of the US team and to play a pivotal role in building and leading the organisation in its early stages.
This is an opportunity to become part of the next product that disrupts the World’s largest industry. And you get to do it where the model is proven and growth is accelerating!
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organisations within Fintech / Payments / Financial industries across key regions.
- Identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organisations that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Define best practice for partnership identification, onboarding and implementations using knowledge of the eCommerce and Insurance industries and keeping up to date with new developments
- Own the Partnerships lifecycle process post close, including onboarding to ongoing growth and account management.
- Actively nurture and develop active partnerships to maximise value for the business.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively to partners, with clarity on the product solution
- Onboard new partners with our locally based Client Solutions Engineering team post deal close, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Take full ownership of regional deal flow and revenue targets for the region
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within Fintech / Payments / Financial industries through representation at industry events and broader networking.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a similar leadership role
- Minimum 5+ years commercial business development/partnerships experience within the Fintech / Payments industries with a track record of achieving high growth targets in a B2B sales or partnerships role
- 10+ years of experience in the Fintech / Payments, with a focus in strategic partnerships, business or corporate development.
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- Strategy development and execution, with a proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies/startups
- Previous exposure to startup or tech focussed business models.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and product set is highly regarded, although not mandatory
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Finance, Business or Engineering)
- Excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills.
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent people management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
- Collaborative and curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Right to work and remain the United States