Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation’s leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC’s best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role…
We’re expanding our award-winning marketing team and are looking for a sharp, passionate and seasoned leader to join us. As VP of Growth Marketing, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and oversee the strategy, development and operation of the company’s growth, paid acquisition and CRM teams.
The VP of Growth Marketing will help us maintain our 200% annual growth rate by driving both the strategy and execution of our top-of-funnel lead generation and customer lifecycle marketing. You will focus on: optimizing and expanding our channel mix, improving conversion and leveling up our forecasting, tracking & reporting. The role will oversee all efforts around paid marketing, targeting, ad tech and measurement with an eye toward building broader awareness and growth at industry-leading CPAs. This role will manage our marketing budget, media planning & buying — including SEM (Adwords), paid social (Facebook, YouTube), podcast, TV, direct mail, and out of home.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of scaling growth-stage businesses who is energized by working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They are obsessed with keeping pace with the latest trends in growth marketing and are a seasoned leader who also excels at being a hands-on contributor.
- Inspire, develop and continue to build out our world-class acquisition and CRM teams by leading from the front and charting our course for robust & sustainable growth
- Lead our acquisition efforts and develop channel strategies to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets with an eye toward cost-efficient growth and improving LTV:CAC
- Media planning & execution across our diverse marketing mix including paid search, social, display, audio (podcast, radio), TV, direct mail and out of home
- Partner with our content (SEO), product, partnerships & creative teams to identify new low-cost and unpaid channels to drive growth
- Lead our CRM efforts and help define our cross-channel lifecycle marketing strategy across products (life, home, auto, disability) leveraging email, SMS, direct mail and other channels to improve conversion throughout the funnel
- Optimize our channel mix and customer journey through rigorous testing and experimentation
- Work with our finance, business intelligence, and biz ops teams to optimize our attribution model and track, forecast and report on results to senior management and the board
- 10-15+ years of growth marketing experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Growth stage, digital-first, B2C experience
- 5-10+ years of management experience leading high-functioning teams
- Strong ability to recruit, grow and develop best-in-class marketing talent
- Exceptional analytical skills – you’re able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions that you can translate into results (bonus points for fluent use of Tableau and/or SQL)
- A strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter: you can build something out of nothing and possess the ability to try different things with minimal oversight
- Operational understanding of the marketing team’s contributions to the business P&L and sound fiscal judgment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)