This key role will oversee the development of the corporate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Solvency regulatory framework, to determine the required data and process needs and to ensure the firm is able to operate and provide evidence of compliance when required by the regulatory bodies with which Assurant is registered. This role will also be required to assist with the development and execution of key risk processes of the Office of Risk Management, including the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool, risk appetite, risk taxonomy, and risk assessment criteria.
- Leading the company’s process for constructing compliant regulatory risk management and solvency filings, obtaining approvals in accordance with the company’s risk governance structure.
- Representing Assurant in interactions with global regulatory authorities
- Coordinating the development of internal and external risk reports as required by Assurant regulatory authorities
- Collaborating with the Global Risk Modeling team to develop ERM outputs and governance materials to support such outputs.
- Creating and Providing training materials on risk and solvency regulatory compliance for non-US teams based upon specific local requirements and processes.
- Developing and evolving the risk management framework and solvency assessment across Assurant’s global operations
- Understanding the varied company business operations and how these align within the ERM and Solvency Framework
- Evaluating the data requirements necessary to comply with the regulatory standards for risk management of the countries in which the company operates
- Facilitating the ongoing evaluation, evolution, and communication of the company’s risk appetite
- Serving as liaison in the development and maintenance of the company’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool
- Maintaining the company’s risk taxonomy and frequency and severity matrices for consistent application in assessing risk
- Ensuring all relevant parties, including business and country leaders, are aware of risk reporting requirements in each AIZ jurisdiction as to documentation, process, governance and sign off.
- Acquire knowledge of and provide support to Office of Risk Management processes and reporting initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, finance, risk management, legal or equivalent professional qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in risk management, preferably within the financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience in working in insurance regulatory enterprise risk management compliance including Solvency II and ORSA
Other Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven record of understanding risk management, developing a risk framework, identifying and assessing risk, and implementing risk controls
- Ability to effectively engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to risk management of financial institutions.
- An ability to present to and provide training for senior level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability to adapt and thrive in a changing environment.
- An organized and methodical approach to task management, emphasizing attention to detail.
- Influential and persuasive in presenting risk management imperatives.
- Pragmatic approach in satisfying varied solvency and ERM requirements as imposed across regulatory authorities.
- Strong team player who can effectively operate independently.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com