Billd is an early-stage Fintech company launching its short-term lending product nationally with construction contractors who are need of working capital.
Billd removes the challenges Contractors face purchasing construction material by partnering with Suppliers to offer an integrated payment solution with flexible terms. Billd offers short-term loans through suppliers to help contractors bridge the gap between needing to purchase materials for a project and getting paid by the general contractor.
The VP Credit and Underwriting position is responsible for providing leadership, direction and oversight in managing lending operations. The role includes developing, implementing and ongoing management of the company Credit Policy.
This person will be responsible for standing up core underwriting and credit operations policy/process/workflows while also performing underwriting and financial operations tasks until additional staff is hired for functional roles.
It is critical for this role to work hand in hand with other functional divisions such as technology, sales, customer service, legal and financial operations. This role will report directly to the CEO.
- Oversee daily operation of applicant and project underwriting, credit decisioning, compliance, financial operations, and collections
- Develop, implement and enforce company Credit Policy, which includes credit algorithm, automated decisioning, individual applicant/project underwriting process, credit limit determination methodology, delinquency and default workflows and collection process
- Expand third-party data acquisition that feeds to credit decisioning model
- Accountability to portfolio delinquency targets
- Manage financial operations which includes loan disbursements and payment servicing
- Maintain knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting lending policies (consumer and business), product compliance and loan underwriting guidelines
- Provide technical assistance to Account Management and Business Development staff to improve intake and application documentation process
- Lead all portfolio reporting required by investor and debt providers
- Work directly with company investors to update on credit policy changes including evolution of credit algorithm, target vs. actual default and delinquency rate, and industry trends that effect credit decisioning
- Assist in capital markets diligence as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Ten or more years of experience working in commercial lending, credit risk analytics, and risk management with financial institutions including development of credit policy, underwriting standards and internal risk scoring
- Data-driven approach to credit algorithm development and maintenance
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field
- Graduate degree is preferred
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.