Responsible for ensuring accounts are properly administered and act as a primary resource for other members of the team. The incumbent plays a key role in growing and retaining assets under management in the Houston office, helping with the transition of client relationships, and representing Westwood Trust in the community through memberships in professional associations and maintaining and strengthening the relationships with high net worth clients to obtain key referral sources.
Client Relations and Asset Management:
- Focus on learning the Westwood ways of doing business.
- Coordinate client’s overall investment, financial, estate, and income tax planning to assist the client in achieving specific trust and asset management objectives.
- Build and solidify client relationships that leverage the unique value proposition of Westwood Trust’s business.
- Participate with key community organizations and seek opportunities to generate awareness of Westwood Trust in the community.
- Represents the organization’s positions, initiatives and interests with a focus on the delivery of superior client service.
- Coordinates and oversee the completion, preparation and distribution of all tax documents to clients.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external rules, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
New Business Development:
- Responsible for building a book of business by generating new business opportunities through prospecting, lead generation and closed sales.
- Leverage relationships with business and community leaders to generate leads and facilitate introductions.
- Oversee the production and presentation of marketing materials to prospective Houston clients.
- Support market growth and achievement of revenue and profitability goals.
- Lead the transition of new client relationships as they come onboard.
People Management and Administrative:
- Champions continuous development by delegating tasks and maintaining positive relationships between team members.
- Provide feedback to managers on personnel, may assist in performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, setting goals for career development across the company.
- Actively participate in several internal and external committees (e.g. Houston Executive Team, Trust Administrative Committee, etc).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or similar field; post graduate degree preferred.
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
10+ years or more of experience in financial & publicly traded markets including demonstrated sales success. Significant experience working within a trust department preferred.
- Deliver Results and Meet Team Expectations
- Achieve Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Teamwork and Team Building
- High Moral and Ethical Behavior
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
- Track record of success in generating leads, prospecting for opportunities, networking for introductions and ultimately close a significant amount of new business.
- Able to articulate a thorough understanding of target market for investment management services.
- An expert communicator with superior presentation, time management and organization skills.
- A strong community presence with an established network of personal and business contacts.