- The Vice President & General Counsel, US is the lead counsel for Greenwich Biosciences’ US business and a key member of the global Legal/IP/Compliance Department with primary responsibility for managing the US Legal Group and all legal matters in the US. As the General Counsel for the US business, she/he will be required to develop group goals and objectives that enhance the ability of the Legal Group to support the company’s US strategic and operational goals. This role serves as a key advisor to the US leadership team and will participate in decision-making and strategy development for the business with the goal of protecting the assets and reputation of the Company and advise on all relevant matters arising under applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations, including fraud and abuse, FDA, employment, antitrust, and privacy.
- The successful candidate will be a generalist capable of providing legal support to all areas of the organization. It is important that the individual in this role is collaborative with colleagues and is solution-oriented. This role will be expected to work very closely and cooperatively with the Chief Compliance Officer and the Compliance Group in supporting the compliance matters affecting the business. The position will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Primary responsibility is to manage the US Legal Group and advise on all US legal matters
- Serve with the Chief Legal Officer, Head, Legal Affairs – Europe and the Chief Compliance Officer in managing the global Legal/IP/Compliance Department
- Key legal advisor to the US Management Team
- Manage the hiring, retention, evaluations and development of lawyers and staff in the US Legal Group
- Provide counsel and advice on US legal and regulatory requirements and issues that affect the global company, including R&D issues
- Help ensure compliance with federal/state laws and regulations
- Guide the enterprise to identify, assess and mitigate risks
- Support all departments on their US legal needs to achieve their objectives, including contract review and negotiation
- Represent organization in negotiations, potential disputes and other legal actions
- Develop the business’ legal responses to and ultimately manage litigation regarding government investigations; antitrust defense; commercial contract litigation and employment law matters
- Protect the company’s assets and intellectual properties
- Direct the development of each of the business’ legal positions in response to any proposed laws and regulations affecting the Company’s business
- Assist with possible company transactions, capital raising and debt financing, and formation of business entities
- JD and an undergraduate degree from well-respected, accredited institutions of higher education required. Admission to a bar is also required.
- Minimum of 12 years of legal experience, with 5 years of pharmaceutical-related experience and demonstrated success, including serving as senior counsel to a life sciences company with marketed products in the U.S.
- Broad experience in health care regulatory law as it relates to marketed therapeutics, including regulation of promotion and communication, fraud and abuse, and HIPAA/privacy laws
- Strong experience in negotiation and preparing contracts supporting a life science organization, including procurement and payor relationships
- Experience managing a department/supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, personal credibility, and the ability to articulate concisely
- Collaborative and solution-oriented
- The ability to think proactively and act quickly in building consensus within a multi-functional and geographically dispersed organization
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs