This position will be part of JPMorgan’s Financial Crimes Compliance / Anti Money Laundering (AML) Investigations Team, responsible for monitoring and identifying suspicious activity as it relates to the firm’s lines of Business which can include Corporate and Investment Bank, Treasury Services, Commercial Bank, and Asset Wealth Management. This role will focus on managing a team of individuals responsible for timely review, investigation and disposition of AML alerts/cases. The candidate will be required to provide timely feedback, to develop employees’ skills and to actively enhance work products through procedures and technology.
The successful candidate should be capable of acting independently and should demonstrate compliance knowledge as it relates to international AML related issues in one or more of the following areas: foreign correspondent banking clients and products, large multi-national corporations and high net worth individuals. This position requires leadership skills, proven investigative abilities, prioritization skills, and a willingness to tackle new and difficult challenges. In addition, this candidate must have knowledge of the banking system and common AML typologies. The candidate will be expected to interact with AML Investigations and Program management as well as the firm’s legal, audit and risk departments. The candidate will also work closely with colleagues in US and EMEA Compliance, APAC in-country Compliance/GFCC teams and client-focused staff in the lines of business. This position requires the individual to exercise sound judgment and to adhere to high quality standards when conducting investigations.
- Minimum 8+ years working in Anti-Money Laundering with extensive knowledge in APAC, including Hong Kong and Singapore. Experience working with regulators and financial crime investigations will be a strong advantage. Knowledge across lines of business including private banking, investment management, investment banking, securities, Treasury Services / cash management, and corresponding banking businesses will be a plus.
- An independent decision maker, able to make time-sensitive assessments and to discuss complex regulatory issues with senior management
- Manager or Team Lead Experience preferred.
- Strong investigative skills and an analytical mindset, including proven problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment. The ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard to AML risk.
- Relationship management skills to deal with management and build partnerships with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills including English writing and speaking ability. The successful candidate will be required to present relevant team updates to peers/ senior compliance officers from other regions.
- Fluent reading and writing abilities in Chinese will be a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint) with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, particularly experience in handling large volumes of quantitative data
- CAMS preferred