Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth Corporation (Tweed) is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager, to work out of our Kanata office or our Smiths Falls office. You will be working in a fast-paced, continuous integration environment, managing software projects that medical and recreational marijuana customers and CGC employees use on a daily basis. We’re looking for someone who will ensure that our stories are documented and implemented, timelines are met, and owners are happy.
- Work with business analysts and product owners to translate business rules and needs into stories
- Document business processes and technical architecture that follows
- Ensure that tasks are followed through and not left behind
- Groom the backlog and follow up on old tickets
- Rebalance sprint contents based on changing demands
- Remove team obstacles and facilitate discussion
- Ensure that timelines are met
- Assist in investigation and resolution of support incidents
- Participate in code reviews
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master, Technical Project Manager, or Team Lead
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the SDLC in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of common business processes, such as sales and manufacturing
- Experience working with REST APIs and other back-end systems.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, HTTP, operating system concepts, and basic development knowledge
- Previous or current development experience an asset
- Solid experience with Git and JIRA – or another task tracker.
- Experience with a POSIX-based system (Linux, OS X) as a working and deployment environment
- Excellent communication skills. Accurate communication is critical as some team members are remote.
- Academic degree or comparable education and work experience