Manages and coordinates the coverage of capital planning and directs coverage of the CCAR/DFAST processes and the HNAH related work for PRA Stress testing. It addition the role encompasses business monitoring activities, special projects and investigations of assigned major areas of the Company to independently assess risks and evaluate controls and compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations, making recommendations for improvement. Ensures external audit or regulatory criticisms of assigned businesses are corrected.
- Drive annual plan development and completion; manage to plan and seek process improvements to increase productivity, efficiency and contribution to economic profit without impacting effectiveness. Manage a continuous audit program for the businesses assigned and ensure results are used in audit planning. Ensure continuous audit programs are carried out effectively and efficiently and are maintained current.
- Manage the assessment of adequacy of controls for high risk project activities for businesses supported; recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks.
- Ensure value added audit work is completed in accordance with Audit Instruction Manual (AIM) requirements. Support the quality assurance program by providing managerial resources on a rotating basis.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of fifteen years proven and progressive business audit, and/or accounting experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience; professional certification (CPA, CA, or CIA) preferred.
- Strong managerial, communications, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the Company, Group and financial services industry, businesses supported and the regulatory framework they operate in.
- Experience in internal audit of CCAR/DFAST capital stressing is required
- In depth understanding of the business, risks and related controls within areas of responsibility in particular related to CCAR/DFAST Stress testing.
- Ability to travel.