Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets– from money to gold to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody these assets digitally.
We are looking to hire a Strategic Operations Analyst to help support firm-wide business operations and strategic infrastructure development and support for Paxos globally. The role will be a unique blend of both developing and delivering best in class business operations including asset settlement, reconciliation, analytical reporting and customer interaction. In addition, this person will be a key participant in special projects and strategic initiatives across the various products and stakeholders within Paxos, including crypto assets, securities and precious metals. Because we are operating in a highly dynamic and diverse environment, we’re looking for someone smart with a knack for learning quickly and executing efficiently. This role offers someone a seat at the table to effect change and bring innovation to a stale infrastructure in the global financial infrastructure. This is a global role that involves interaction, projects and multifunctions that spans the New York, Singapore and London based Operations teams and will report to the Operations Director based out of New York. We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos – our values – and made it relevant to this role.
- Build a nimble infrastructure where we can support an expanding innovative product base. Execute all workflows for speed and accurate delivery while participating in strategic reengineering, audit, risk, and new business initiatives. Success is measured by favorable feedback from customers, quality assurance, audits and regulatory examinations
- Actively engage with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues using technology and automation. Success is measured by high customer satisfaction metrics and the consistent protection of our client assets
- Actively partner with Product, Engineering teams and other cross-functional partners to build scale and promote risk mitigation policy and procedures
- Drive delivery of operational milestones and strategic initiatives set by Operations Management at the company-wide level by ensuring rigor through best-in-class project management practices and by applying critical thinking to each business decision
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- Ability to quickly learn new areas of competency as the company faces new challenges
- Strong project management orientation with the ability to communicate issues/concerns before they become fires and facilitate the right stakeholders in a discussion to solve for them
- Comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Marketing, People, Strategic Initiatives-Office of the CEO)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Shared Commitment to Excellence:
- You push for changes to existing processes or programs because you care deeply about improving the overall effectiveness of a process/program/product.
- Consistently be able to deliver organizational or business objectives to your team without any loss in translation between New York and global offices and use that as a driver for superior performance of your team
- Be an honest voice in the company. Make discussions issue-based and productive
- Show respect for colleagues by providing positive and constructive feedback in real time directly to colleagues
- You do not hesitate to hold anyone accountable, regardless of level/title/authority in the company
- You are a vocal participant in any meetings you are part of. You express opinions as you have them
Be an Owner:
- You feel accountable for the sum of the parts and not just “your part” of a project/program/product. This means you call attention to issues even when it is not in your area of focus
- You take control of problems surfaced within your department, especially when it is not clear who “owns” it. You drive or track the resolution of the issue
- You always consider how every action impacts the company and find solutions that not just benefits you or your department, but the whole company
Search for the Truth:
- Constantly thinking through and proactively surfacing unique insights within your area of work
- You understand your work so well that you are able to identify when a new idea might create more problems than it solves
- You aren’t deterred by exploring a solution that you know others disagree with
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.