Switchfly, Inc. is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for assisting in a number of areas. The position requires initiative and team work and you will be working directly with our Senior Accountants and the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate must also excel in planning and organization and will possess excellent communication, problem analysis and solving skills.
- Work directly with and reports to our two Senior Accounts, as well as with our CFO and Corporate Controller
- Effectively communicates and collaborate company-wide with all personnel and at all levels.
- Effectively manage vendor and customer relationships
- Complete range of Accounts Payable duties, including processing purchase requisitions, AP and disbursements
- Provide support for Invoicing and Accounts Receivable collections
- Responsible for managing our Expense Report process using Concur
- Monthly close responsibilities including Journal Entries, Bank Account reconciliations,
- Year-end 1099 processing
- Significant responsibilities related to the external annual audit
- Developing and implementing processes for new business initiatives
- Maintaining contracts and AP databases and files
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an Accounting emphasis.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Accounting job experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Experience with Financial Reporting and Reconciliations
- Able to work independently or in teams and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work professionally with confidential information.
- Ability to gain trust and influence and foster collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Can communicate clearly and respectfully with an adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset.
- Attention to detail and a passion for internal and external customer service is a MUST.