Do you believe in doing something 100% or nothing at all? Do you want to join a company that will give you the tools to excel in your job and then get out of your way? If so, keep reading…
Strait Capital is growing and looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team of professionals. Our team-oriented environment offers exposure to a variety of clients including financial service firms, family offices and high-net worth individuals. This position will primarily support the Financial Oversight division which includes reporting for Family Offices and Management Companies.
We take great pride in hiring only the best professionals and giving them the keys to build something great. We value and recognize individual contributions and welcome ideas that push the envelope to make our company and work product superior. We do not put people in a “box”. If you pride yourself on being a perfectionist and want the opportunity to lead and build something great, we’d like meet.
Does this describe you?
– Likes to work both Independently and on a high performing team
– Internally Driven
– Takes pride in their work and work product
– Highly Analytical
– A Knack for delivering great service to clients
Duties and responsibilities
- Review and analyze general ledger account balances and prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute invoices, reconcile accounts receivable and assist with collections as needed
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts and research discrepancies
- Monitor cash balances and record adjustments to daily cash registers
- Record investment transactions and reconcile brokerage statements
- Prepare and review financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with the new client onboarding processes
- Liaise with clients’ service providers, including tax and audit firms
- Identifying areas for improvement, efficiency and scalability
- Actively participate in overall firm development, including serving on committees, supporting business development, improving processes and procedures, and recruiting
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferable
- Proficiency in Windows based software and applications, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in QuickBooks preferable
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Frequent and clear communication, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
What it’s like to work at Strait:
Fun Events – Our Lake House, birthdays, baby showers, happy hours, and our quarterly events are all opportunities we take to bond with the team.
Work/Life Balance – We like to work hard and play hard, and we encourage a great work/life balance!
Healthcare and Benefits – Strait provides affordable options for top of the line healthcare and offers a matching 401(k).
Impact on the Community – Strait offers additional PTO for you to spend pursuing your volunteer passion along with firm-wide volunteer projects.
Office Environment and Teamwork -We have a modern office that is open for collaboration and communication, sit/stand desks, a relaxation and meditation room, a game area, and big screen TVs, along with an amazing culture and fantastic teams!
Snacks and Catered Meals – We love to eat! We provide: a kitchen chock full of healthy, delicious snacks, refreshments, and filtered water; several flavors of coffee and loose-leaf tea, and catered meals during busy season and “just because.”
Professional Development and Mentorship – We recognize the important of investing in your professional goals and continued education, so we want to reward you for your efforts.
Strait Capital Company, Ltd. is a professional services firm offering comprehensive accounting solutions for hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices and public/private operating companies. Services include full fund administration, compliance services, middle office operations, CFO suite services, investor services, and performance and risk reporting. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Dallas, TX, Strait Capital has clients nationwide and is backed by an industry leading team of CPAs, CFAs, and MBAs – no bookkeepers and no paraprofessionals.