We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Team Manager, Treasury Cash Management is part of a team, responsible for forecasting and managing the daily cash position of Charles Schwab Corp and its subsidiaries, primarily Charles Schwab Bank and Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. The Sr. Team Manager, Treasury Cash Management forecasts and communicates changes in daily cash balances to the investment portfolio managers and proactively handles activities required to meet funding obligations, including executing wire transfers to meet internal & external deadlines and to manage cash balances effectively. The Sr. Team Manager, Treasury Cash Management assures compliance with all internal policies and procedures that pertain to the cash management team, as well as all rules and regulations applicable to the position.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the intra-day and overnight cash balances for Charles Schwab Corp and its subsidiaries, primarily Charles Schwab Bank and Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
- Coordinate daily liquidity needs to maximize investment returns
- Assist in the development of methodologies for cash forecasting of both Bank and Broker/Dealer cash flows
- Enter and approve wire transfer requests
- Prepare daily management reporting and ensure compliance with liquidity policies and guidelines
- Adhere to policies and procedures to comply with the various regulatory agency requirements including the Federal Reserve Bank and FINRA as well as internal polices applicable to the cash management function
- Work efficiently and diligently to drive projects and initiatives to completion without sacrificing quality while including enlisting the cooperation and efforts of others who do not report to you
- Regularly monitors, suggests, and implements improvements to further optimize cash management and cash concentration techniques to efficiently manage cash flows. Constantly assesses and optimizes treasury cash management products, services, technologies, and systems that are available and appropriate for the team and firm overall
- In partnership with department management and other team members, develops, regularly monitors, and reports on treasury cash management’s short and long term strategic objectives and their overall alignment with the firm’s and treasury department’s overall goals including management of the corporate disbursement policy. Participates with other senior managers and peers to translate those strategic objectives into tactical plans and action items and implements. Exercises excellent business judgment in determining the methods, techniques, and approaches for obtaining operating and strategic results
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a quantitative field)
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, cash management, wire transfer operations or bank operations
- Active Series 7 or understanding that it must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external counterparts.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to maintain composure while dealing with tight time constraints
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure in a potentially stressful environment
- Knowledge of Treasury workstations, Fedwire, SWIFT and correspondent bank funds transfer systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English – spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None, FINRA Series 7|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||CA – San Francisco|
|Job Type:||Full Time|