The ideal candidate requires strong analytical skills and a meticulous work ethic as well as leadership skill in the logistics industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance of the suppliers in Japan towards official and Amazon regulations
- Owning the pre-engagement check process of suppliers and their delivery personnel
- Owning the supplier onboarding process and related reports
- Continuously improving quality of the work of our suppliers
- Regular review of business model and ensure processes are updated
- Reviewing existing KPIs and defining new and better ways to measure our quality
- Root cause analysis of defects and KPI breaches
- Liaising with US compliance teams as required
- Supporting the Senior Management to grow the supplier network as required, including new product development
- Experience with quality management and auditing is required
- Experience with compliance management and auditing is required
- Experience with logistics and supplier management
- Proven track record of analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with contract works is a plus
- Must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Japanese and English is required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- MBA or Master in Labor or Legal Affairs.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced SQL and database skills