- To execute the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, business technology programs. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, business technology programs.
- To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) senior leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, business technology programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology programs, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
- Utilizes broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Within the area of responsibility, continuously pursues advanced knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains the understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
- Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI’s application portfolio vision
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- and strategy.
- Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
- Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice for critical decisions.
- Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.10. Coaches and mentors more junior solution architects.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant work experience.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Additional Job Description
- This position is multifaceted, having exposure to many different areas in Vanguard’s Information Technology Division, partnering with other Sr. Architects in the CTO, Global Technology Operations, and across other Vanguard Lines of Business across the Enterprise.
- It requires excellent relationship management and communication skills, and an ability to initiate and advocate technology change at the local and Enterprise level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep technical acumen and breadth of experience involving multiple technologies, platforms, and cloud-native architectures.
- Multiple years of experience in designing and implementing a Big Data analytics platform that leverage cloud-native Amazon Services and the latest retrieval and visualization technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems that perform and are cost efficient for ingesting and accessing analytical data, and employ security practices that are at the highest levels of industry standards.
- Experience with data governance/access practices that ensure transparent controls on who can access data while providing access to the most data in the safest way.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and initiatives.
- A demonstrated history of intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays at the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially around data, analytics, and visualization.
- Application/software and DevOps experience developing well architected, high performing, and scalable microservice based architectures that are resilient and recoverable is also highly desirable.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs