Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Transactions of AXA’s U.S. Legacy Business, the Senior Manager of Strategy and Transactions will support both the financial management of the AXA US Pension Plans and the development of financial solutions designed to reduce the risk of AXA’s Legacy Books of Business.
This individual will support the assessment of the Legacy life and annuity inforce books and identify potential offerings that add value to the customer while reducing risk and required capital on AXA’s balance sheet. Offerings include buyouts, conversions, product modifications, risk pooling solutions, reinsurance, divestitures, re-domestication and alternative hedging/ALM methodologies.
This individual will partner with Legacy team members accountable for the implementation and monitoring of offerings, and collaborate with business partners in Individual Annuity, Financial Protection, Finance, Legal, Operations and IT.
Additional responsibilities will be to support the following:
- Development of the de-risking strategies for the AXA US Retirement Benefit Plans.
- Identification of innovative forms of risk transfer.
- Establishment of a process to manage business implications of divestitures of AXA US’s Legacy books of business.
- Knowledge of life and variable annuity products – experience working with employee retirement benefit plans a plus.
- Experience in financial modeling and projections – Experience creating presentations for executive management a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant IFRS, GAAP, and statutory accounting standards and key financial reporting metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess Bachelor’s degree – FSA a plus.
- At least 5 years in life and annuity company.