The Spend Analytics and Compliance Analyst is responsible for executing advanced spend and supply analytics within Canada Goose’s Procurement organization as well as for supporting cross-functional compliance with procurement practices. This role conducts ongoing spend data analyses in support of strategic sourcing, category strategies, and spend compliance, and will continuously monitor spend activity, including spend trends by department or supplier, supplier usage and spend compliance with preferred suppliers, spend financial targets, and related data.
In addition, the Spend Analytics and Compliance Analyst will work with the Procurement and Sourcing teams, and key department stakeholders across the enterprise, to proactively monitor purchases and ensure compliance with purchasing policies and processes (including purchase orders, purchasing commitments, supplier qualification, and other applicable policies).
- Works with Procurement and Sourcing teams, and Vice President to determine the standards for what data needs to be collected and analyzed both on an ongoing and ad hoc basis
- Collects data from internal and external sources, validates as needed, and enhances to utilize the data as valued information
- Identifies missing information in data and develops ways to obtain missing data
- Communicates the necessary data requests and standard reporting in a prompt and timely manner
- Conducts ongoing spend data analytics in support of strategic sourcing, category strategies, and spend / purchasing compliance
- Supports Sourcing teams in developing advanced sourcing analytics
- Monitors and reports on spend activity, including spend trends by department, by supplier, etc.
- Monitors and reports on spend compliance with preferred suppliers and looks for opportunities to consolidate spend
- Creates category dashboards and other means of empowering procurement team and stakeholders with information to aid decision making
- Monitors and reports on enterprise-wide purchasing activity to ensure compliance with purchasing policies and processes.
- Works with the Internal Controls and Controllership groups to ensure all appropriate controls related to Procurement are adhered to
- Works with Procurement team members as well as enterprise-wide department stakeholders to ensure that all purchasing commitments are appropriately captured and reflected.
- Develops and uncovers useful insights and anecdotes from data
- Prepares project related materials and presentations and shares with Procurement and Sourcing teams in an impactful and organized manner
- Orchestrates activities to most efficiently drive progress that also aligns with the project prioritization and broader Procurement organization strategies
- Assists the Procurement organization in special projects related to strategic sourcing, category management, contract management, and company-wide spend compliance
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or Operations
- 2+ years of experience in database and/or business intelligence tools
- Broad understanding of financial statement, including income statements and balance sheets
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience working with large sets of data to provide useful insights
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Adaptive to fast-paced, constantly changing environments
- A desire to grow professionally as the role’s responsibility grows rapidly with the business
- Strong understanding of accounting, costing, financial systems
- Advanced analytical capabilities and critical thinking skills
- Expert level Excel and MS PowerPoint knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exhibits excellent communication and presentation skills
- Office & Manufacturing environment