Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager who will strategize, create, distribute and analyze all social media content of Paxful. Working with the Marketing team at the New York City office, you’ll be using your creative content creation, communication and analytical skills to ensure continued engagement and growth of our social media channels. Responsibilities include managing, strategizing and updating all of Paxful’s social media channels and content. Ultimately, you will help to spread and reinforce the message of peer-to-peer finance as the creator of financial freedom worldwide, and harness our social media channels to target and engage the right audiences at the right times.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with business and marketing goals through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Lead and optimize overall social media strategy for official Paxful accounts to increase visibility, and drive organic audience growth
- Direct the creative and editorial operations of all organic and sponsored social media content
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules, help lead and facilitate content planning meetings with the social media team
- Track audience growth and campaign performance, create dashboards and communicate results regularly across departments, and work with the Data Analysis team to create more analyses on the ROI of social media
- Review and approve all social media posts, ensuring alignment with voice, brand, and content standards
- Collaborate remotely with teams located in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Work with the Community Manager to respond to and engage with our online communities, and assist with the production of social events
- Work closely with the video production team to create and optimize video content
- Continuously improve our social media channels by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social media metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Administer all third-party and internal social media tools and content management systems
What you’ll bring to this role
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Social media or Digital content specialist, or in a similar capacity
- Experience with web/social media platform management, with a deep understanding of popular and emerging social networks and marketing channels
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- A strong data minded approach and the ability to leverage data to analyze performance and optimize social strategy
- Experience working on traditional and non-traditional social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Telegram, WhatsApp
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with web design
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours