Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid over $350 million directly to creators on our platform, and our user base has doubled in the last year alone. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Social Media Manager.
*Please include examples of your work or any relevant social media account links.*
What you will do:
- Develop strategic plans for Patreon’s social channels to grow top of funnel awareness and to bring the brand to life
- Run Patreon’s key social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and evaluate others
- Report weekly on metrics, learnings, growth
- Manage content schedule
- Plan long term programs to hit business objectives
- Contribute to exciting product launches, announcements, and creator collaborations
- Collaborate with communications, product marketing, community happiness, and community management on reactive communications
Skills and experience you possess:
- Razor sharp perceptions of what’s being discussed around Patreon
- Solid judgement knowing when to engage and when to step away
- Pulse on key social happenings
- First class communication and writing skills
- Excellent team coordination and planning
- Be able to adopt a brand voice
Projects you may work on:
- Work directly with creators to collaborate and create engaging content
- Go to industry-leading events and share the knowledge widely with our community
- Build trust with the creator community
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we’re working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.