At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
With an emphasis on Mutual Series and Franklin Value equity portfolios, the Senior Writer – Investment Commentary will be a member of the company’s Investment Commentary Group, with staff located in California, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Singapore, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. The candidate will work with portfolio management/proxy groups to write and route initial content for scheduled, recurring monthly, quarterly and other periodic investment commentary for multiple audience types: FA, broker/dealer, institutional, sub-advised, international, and end-client use. The Senior Writer – Investment Commentary will also work with portfolio management/proxy groups, data analytics teams, and senior staff to ensure accurate messaging as well as the delivery of actionable intelligence to commentary recipients.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Writer – Investment Commentary?
- Create commentaries using independent research, attribution reports and other data analytics.
- The core focus includes writing and reviewing:
- Scheduled, recurring commentary deliverables
- The most complex or high-profile commentary deliverables (e.g., top portfolio managers, firm-wide market response pieces, newsletters, topic pieces, market overviews), serving as an SME for business partners globally.
- Ensure copy complies with corporate standards, effectively communicate desired message, and meet project deadlines/specifications
- May provide guidance to more junior staff to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery, but has no formal supervisory responsibility
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- At least 6-8 years of successful writing experience, strongly desired in the financial services industry and in the equity space
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in Economics, Business, Communications or similar discipline. MBA, CFA, and other industry qualifications/licenses not required, but a plus
- Solid, proven understanding of investment products and industry; in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products and the overall industry
- Demonstrated success in adhering to schedules, multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail, organization of materials and cooperating with team members
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Quark, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Financial services industry experience required
- Exposure to multiple product vehicles and client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) strongly desired
- Proficiency interpreting statistical information and the ability to translate data to support written statements
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including ability to perform simple mathematical calculations or analyses and accurately proofread documents
- Works autonomously, with limited general direction/supervision; work is reviewed for accuracy
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., Portfolio Management, Marketing, Legal, Creative Services, Principal)
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships
- Assertive, strong examples of capabilities in overcoming obstacles and challenges (i.e., problem-solving experience)
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations