We believe that people are the key to success for any successful business and exploring possibilities with a new company should be an experience, not a process. We prioritize finding the right people without compromising quality or diluting culture. Recruiting is deeply integrated into the company’s values: that’s why we’re looking for someone who believes in our mission — to build a place for thoughtful ideas on the internet — and inspires candidates to do the same.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a person who not only cares about hiring for Medium, but cares about the people they hire. As an ambassador for our brand, we want someone who can build positive relationships, have meaningful conversations, and get things done.
We value and have made progress in building a diverse team at Medium. We’re really proud! But we still have a ways to go, and we would like to work with someone who can help us to take our thinking and our practices to the next level. We want to intentionally grow our team so it fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This role collaborates with teams across the company, so we expect this person to be adaptable, personable, collaborative, and organized. Experience recruiting for a variety of positions will be required as you will be supporting our engineering and product teams.
Other important traits are optimism, attention to detail, and flexibility (we iterate often and things move quickly here). This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity and we’re excited to see who joins our recruiting team next!
What will you do?
- You will be a strategic owner of our recruiting practice: creatively identifying which tools we need to use and where we need to be in order to engage future Medians.
- You will help our technical teams define a clear and effective interview process and maintain a healthy and diverse pipeline of candidates.
- You will ensure we provide a thoughtful, genuine, and memorable interview experience for everyone who engages with us.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- 5+ years of recruiting experience in media or in the tech space
- Experience recruiting technical roles (engineering and product)
- The ability to build relationships and establish trust quickly
- The ability to work comfortably with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective prioritization and expectation management skills
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (Lever/Greenhouse/Jobvite)
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
This role is based in San Francisco.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.