Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position computes or verifies complex tax adjustments affecting the dividend computations, tax returns, tax qualification and financial statement tax disclosures of the Price mutual funds. These are critical exposure areas for the firm.
- Assist in complex tax processing. Independently maintain and update spreadsheets of tax information for mutual funds and investment products. Perform initial verification of tax information, returns and computations. Prepare certain basic returns. Verify tax information prepared by other departments. Under direct supervision, complete routine and established projects.
- Interpret and apply tax rules to Firm’s mutual funds and investment activities; may perform basic tax research.
- Communicate tax information and interface with others to identify and understand tax issues.
- Develop a working knowledge of the tax rules underlying areas of involvement
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years related work experience, or college degree
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Capable of grasping and applying tax rules related to mutual funds and securities
- Able to work accurately and efficiently on concurrent projects and at certain times of year under tight deadlines.
- Excellent PC skills
- Contribute in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, tax, or business with 1 year of experience
- CPA certificate (certified public accountant) or CPA candidate
- Financial services industry experience, preferably in mutual funds.