DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to join a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building a proprietary options trading platform. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing, and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies and low latency techniques.
To qualify for this role, you:
- have 2+ years experience using Java on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field.
- have 2+ years experience developing options trading software
- can demonstrate expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- can demonstrate expertise in JVM selection and performance tuning
- can demonstrate expertise in data analysis
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have a BS in Computer Science or a related field from a top university
Bonus points if you have:
- experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
- a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- a demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies.