The Senior Regulatory Compliance Associate will work closely with Compliance across the group and other areas of the business to support the Regulatory & Policy Manager to ensure required policies are maintained and communicated.
- Assist with regular compliance reviews, carry out risk control and monitor the regulatory and operational risk of the company
- Assist to maintain a policy hierarchy for the company and per entity and identify and address any areas for development.
- Assist to review regulatory change and guidance relating to the business, interpret rules, principles and initiatives and communicate the impact and oversee required changes as appropriate.
- Assist to maintain required compliance policies and registers, to be reviewed and updated at least annually
- Assist with training across the business to embed policies and maintain the strong compliance culture
- Review regulatory returns to ensure they are accurate and submitted in line with regulatory timescales, working closely with the finance team
- Contribute to consultation paper responses and liaise with the regulators as appropriate
- Conduct and record compliance incident reviews, escalating them in line with agreed procedures, and submitting notifications to relevant regulators as required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/ Economics/ Finance/ Law
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- 2+ years of experience in regulatory compliance and completing / reviewing regulatory returns
- Good knowledge of the key regulations applicable to the business
- Experience in writing policies and procedure manuals assist with their implementation
- Understanding of HKMA, MAS, SFC and other Asia regulators’ requirements is preferred
- Experience in handling relevant business license applications is preferred
- Able to prioritise multiple projects and deadlines
- Attention to details and strong analytical skills
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including Mandatory Provident Fund; health, dental and life insurance; enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- 20 days holiday, birthday day off, charity leave, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including: free breakfast, Friday beer fridge, business casual dress code, annual company parties – and more!