- A fast expanding quantitative equity team has a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious investment professional.
- The set up resembles that of a start-up team, implying that your career will not be limited to one particular area of investments but it will have a broad character. Given the broad scope of this role, you will have a great chance of making a strong impact on the firm.
- SEI’s Factor Portfolio Management team is a relatively new and fast-growing capability within the company’s broader Investment Management Unit.
- The team is experiencing strong asset and account growth, driving ongoing investments into people, data, and tools.
- The team is responsible for all aspects of building investment strategies using systematic investment techniques, the so-called factor-based investment strategies.
- Research and develop new signals and techniques
- Enhance and maintain proprietary software and tools
- Assisting with and managing assigned portfolios
- Research, Programming, and Automation (50%):
- Undertake research, validation, back-testing, and production of return and risk factors
- Document and communicate the findings
- Develop, improve and maintain proprietary research and production systems
- Keep current with the market and relevant publications
- Continue self-learning and assist others in acquiring investment competencies
- Portfolio Management (30%):
- Manage assigned portfolios by utilizing proprietary and 3rd party quantitative tools and models as per approved specifications.
- Perform ongoing fund management duties, such as handling client flows and ad hoc client requests.
- Review security trades. Amend and override trade candidates as suitable for achieving investment objective.
- Ensure all inputs (holdings, signals) and outputs (trades, positions) are accurate and compliant with current processes, rules, and regulations
- Monitor assigned portfolios’ risks and positioning
- Identify and propose areas for further investigation and research
- Participate and contribute to design and review of new enhancements to the investment process
- Communication and Client Service (20%):
- Produce and communicate market and assigned portfolio commentaries
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining sales and service materials
- Keep current on market conditions, regulation, SEI products, and services, etc;
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements and compliance; and
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Technical Capabilities/Skills & Experience Required for the Role:
- Understanding of factor modeling and optimization techniques
- Strong programming skills
- Genuine interest and dedication to factor-based investing
- High-quality finance or math degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable investment experience
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
- Logical and analytical
- Persevering and takes initiative
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs