Practical Law is looking for a privacy and data security specialist editor with expertise in privacy and data security/protection laws and developing compliance programs to address them.
The editor will:
- Develop ideas for privacy and data security/ protection content for US, UK, and Canadian practitioners and businesses that address global data protection law and practice, which will be published on Practical Law’s online services.
- Establish, maintain, and manage extensive relationships with external law firm contributors who have expertise on privacy and data security/ protection issues.
- Draft, write and edit resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, and checklists in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law’s companion print magazine, Practical Law The Journal.
- Develop relationships with law firm attorneys, inhouse counsel, and industry groups to ensure that Practical Law’s content is topical and meets their needs.
- Support privacy, data security, and data protection content and product development projects.
- Assist sales team by participating in sales calls and demonstrating service to potential subscribers.
- Assist marketing team by participating in webinars and creation of educational programs.
This position has the ability to be a remote position and may be located in a home office:
- JD required.
- Minimum of six years of experience working as a privacy and data security/protection lawyer or privacy or data protection compliance professional in a law firm or inhouse.
- Expertise in a broad spectrum of privacy, data security, and data protection matters within the US, Canada, EU, APAC, and/or Latin American regions including:
- data privacy and protection laws;
- a deep understanding of the regulatory environment and practice as it relates to privacy and data security/ protection;
- development and implementation of privacy and information management and compliance programs, policies and procedures, and training programs that address compliance with laws, including crossborder compliance;
- privacy, security, and data protection aspects of crossborder transactions, including in the M&A, outsourcing, and other commercial contracting contexts.
- regulatory investigations, enforcement actions and litigation within the region.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm and inhouse counsel and the legal market.
- English fluency, and a passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English;
- strong technical drafting skills; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.