- Strong Java Development experience
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS is a plus
- Expsosure to Test Driven Development (TDD – Cucumber)
- Spring, Jersey/REST
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
- Diagnose and fix scaling and reliability issues. Identify bottlenecks preventing more efficient resource utilization at the system level.
- Knowledge of underlying Storage systems including SAN attached storage, and performance characteristics of enterprise class storage systems preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Expert systems experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Translates senior-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
2. Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
3. Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
4. Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
5. Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.