Who We Are:
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer:
- Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
- Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Controls & Compliance Specialist for our Metrotown office in Burnaby, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and completion of the activities related to compliance with NI52-109 (Internal Controls), under the direction of the Director, Internal Controls & Compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a “best practices” approach for internal controls throughout the Company
- Co-ordination, preparation and maintenance of internal controls documentation for the Entity-Level, Transaction Level and Financial Reporting Processes
- Critical evaluation of the Company’s processes and system of internal controls for effectiveness and efficiency, and the identification and implementation of opportunities to streamline and standardize accounting processes, policies, procedures and reporting processes
- Development and design of appropriate testing procedures to ensure internal controls are effective and operating as intended to mitigate identified risks
- Performance of the annual effectiveness testing procedures
- Support the development and review of the General IT Controls
- Train and educate staff on the importance of internal controls
- Analysis of the internal and external business environment for trends and developments that have risk and/or internal control implications
- Monitor regulatory changes and ensure timely compliance if applicable
What You Offer:
- Bachelor degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA) or MBA with strong accounting focus
- CIA designation considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in internal audit, internal controls documentation and testing
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating internal controls
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial process documentation
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including IFRS
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, and experience with Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of COBIT is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong decision-making and communication skills. Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate and persuasive manner
- Commitment to the role of the Corporate Finance Department as a business partner
- Strong customer service orientation
- Public company reporting experience is preferred
- Flexibility in working hours and overtime as required to ensure that critical deadlines are met
- Travel required in relation to the documentation and testing of internal controls at the divisional level