Human Resources & Legal
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Product will be the lead attorney advising Groupon’s global enterprise on product initiatives and related matters. This person will collaborate and work cross-functionally across the legal department and multiple business units, including product, engineering, information security, corporate development, and other departments. This is an exciting and potentially transformational position that offers the opportunity to shape your role in an ever-changing organization.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Responsible for variety of product counseling matters across Groupon platforms, from day-to-day advising to helping craft core legal strategy
- Work closely with the product team and other stakeholders to review and advise on platform and product features and initiatives
- Work closely with the commercial and regulatory legal teams to advise on product-related matters in connection with a range of deals, integrations and initiatives
- Negotiate data analytics deals and technology transactions, including payment processing and related agreements
- Actively manage select outside counsel
- JD with an active bar membership
- 4-7+ years experience at a reputable law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Extensive hands-on experience advising an in-house product team at a technology company
- Experience with online, mobile and eCommerce issues
- We are looking for someone that is both self-directed and highly collaborative; that can lead projects independently while effectively working with colleagues in legal and stakeholders across the company
- This person will be able to identify and assess risk in the context of the organization’s goals and help develop creative, business-oriented solutions to potential legal issues
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, on tight time frames, without sacrificing quality or effectiveness
- Must show willingness to tackle new challenges and be comfortable advising on developing areas of the law
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.