Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/miguelhelft/2017/11/08/with-36-million-in-financing-scoop-wants-to-make-carpooling-mainstream/
Commercial Counsel @ Scoop
The legal team is focused on supporting the company’s three main stakeholders: our customers, our carpoolers, and our team. The legal team is critical to helping scale Scoop’s enterprise offerings, creating a safe and secure carpooling community, and enabling our internal team to do their best work.
We’re seeking a sharp, business minded attorney to join our Head of Legal in adding more leverage to our commercial and cross functional efforts. As Senior Commercial Counsel, you will be primarily focused on negotiating commercial agreements with Scoop’s customers and partners, as well as providing legal advice internally on a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, compliance, data privacy, and other corporate matters.
In this role, you’ll:
- Draft, negotiate, and review complex commercial agreements in connection with the provision of Scoop’s carpooling services to customers
- Identify and implement ways to reduce sales friction through the contracting and upsell processes
- Collaborate regularly with team members from all functional areas, and in particular Sales and Customer Success, on a broad range of complex legal, business, and strategic issues to facilitate deal flow
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with Scoop’s vendors, consultants, and service providers
- Assure compliance with applicable legal requirements related to Scoop’s operations
- Assist with implementation and enforcement of Scoop’s corporate compliance program
- Support employee training and development programs related to legal issues
- Have 3-6 years of legal experience negotiating commercial contracts at a top law firm. In house experience is a plus
- Have experience in commercial, contract, and intellectual property law. Data privacy experience is a plus
- Have a strong desire to be part of a fast paced in-house legal team in the mobility space
- Be a member of the California bar
- Are able to proactively analyze risks and provide legal advice from a business lens
- Have exceptional work ethic
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with great attention to detail
- Are able to prioritize and manage time well in the face of competing demands
- Are a team player with a positive attitude
Life @ Scoop
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered — starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms — blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work — and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.