Bridgewater Associates is the world’s largest hedge fund with approximately ~$160 billion in assets under management. Founded in 1975 out of a two-bedroom apartment, Bridgewater remains an independent, employee-run organization and is based in Westport, CT. Throughout its 40-year history, Bridgewater has been recognized as a top-performing manager and an industry innovator and recently ranked as the hedge fund that has made the most money for investors in the history of the industry. In addition to generating great returns for investors, Bridgewater’s innovations have changed how investing is done. As global macro investors, the firm has helped to shape modern economic theory and influence global policy makers. As a reflection of the magnitude of its beneficial impact on the investment industry, Bridgewater has received over 40 “best of” industry awards and its founder Ray Dalio was judged in 2012 by Time magazine to be one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Bridgewater’s unique results are a product of its unique culture. Truth and excellence are valued above all else. In order to be excellent we need to know what’s true, especially those things that we would rather not be true, so that we can decide how best to deal with them. We want logic and reason to be the basis for making decisions. It is through this striving to be excellent by being radically truthful and transparent that we build meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
We invite you to learn more at www.bridgewater.com where you will find the core aspects of our culture captured in Ray Dalio’s Principles along with videos of employees describing what it’s like to work at Bridgewater.
Recruiting Department Overview
The goal of Bridgewater’s Recruiting Department is to be the best talent acquisition organization in the world. Finding top talent not only sustains Bridgewater’s position as one of the top investment management firms, but also positions the company for the continual innovation necessary to solve tomorrow’s problems in a rapidly changing world. Bridgewater’s Recruiting Department is responsible for partnering with a diverse set of internal business units to build and evolve their organizations by meeting their talent demands and cultivating an exceptional candidate experience.
As a Campus Recruiter, you’ll help us achieve our mission by conveying Bridgewater’s unique value proposition as you hook and hire top university talent, build meaningful and productive relationships with candidates and clients, and develop the university networks and talent market expertise that drive excellent hiring results.
You’ll Click With Us If You
- Tend to thrive in dynamic environments, thanks to your agile mind, curiosity, and strong common sense
- Have a high EQ — you can quickly size people up and skillfully navigate conversations with all personality types
- Act like an owner — you’re goal-oriented and driven to not just ideate but also implement plans, adapting as needed to produce results
- Have passion for understanding and navigating the ever-changing talent market place
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Becoming a campus recruiting virtuoso, seeking to deeply understand talent markets as you collaborate with campus researchers, managers, and clients to create innovative and effective strategies to find, hook, and sell top-tier students who are strong fits with Bridgewater
- Holding compelling, accurate conversations about Bridgewater’s professional opportunities and embodying its culture as you build and sustain relationships with students, professors, and career service representatives
- Partnering with a Campus Coordinator to ensure all hiring logistics and processes are handled flawlessly
- Ensuring each candidate has an unparalleled recruiting experience that signifies the opportunities and unique value proposition that Bridgewater offers
- Creating an excellent university presence and reputation by spending significant time on campuses networking, generating leads, honing our understanding of the student body, and ensuring assessment days run seamlessly
- Keeping a strong pulse on the status of your candidate portfolio and performance metrics, and synthesizing this portfolio for clients and managers
- Building cross-departmental relationships, learning the company’s internal systems, and constantly seeking to systemize processes to hone a world-class, holistic recruiting program
You’ll Grow With Us By
- Sharpening your ability to navigate and solve tough problems, becoming more effective as you learn about your own strengths and weaknesses
- Developing leadership and management skills by helping to guide a Campus Coordinator and enabling their growth as a recruiting professional
- Working within a department responsible for one of the top strategic priorities of the world’s largest hedge fund, learning its business as you work with different groups across the company
A Few Boxes You Should Tick
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (any field of study)
- 4+ years of recruiting, sales, customer service, or management experience
- Track record of success in a rigorous environment with tight deliverables and high standards
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.