Are you an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Benefits professional who can lead projects, enforce policy, multi-task, and uphold programs in the manufacturing industry? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Senior Manager of Benefits Compliance & Contract Management will be responsible for managing and overseeing organizational compliance with all regulations governing benefit plan/program administration, strategic decision making, supporting leadership in the assessment of administrative vendor contracts and representing company interests in labor contract benefit negotiations. This position also encompasses responsibility for developing and executing compliance and risk management/avoidance initiatives, program development, employee educational programs and managing special projects.
- Maintain current, working knowledge of regulatory influences and requirements governing the administration of Section 125 Cafeteria and ERISA benefit plans and facilitate consistent and timely application of changes to plan documents, benefit materials, internal procedures and activities;
- Management oversight/coordination for accurate and compliant completion of all required government filings; inclusive of but not limited to: Form 5500, MSP, CMS Medicare Part D Disclosure, ACA Employer Shared Responsibility and State Mandated health care reform reporting;
- Identify organizational risks and operationalize comprehensive solutions based on regulatory guidance and understanding of impact to operations, inclusive of policy and procedure development and associated employee training as may be required;
- Function as the organizational lead/authority for managing regulatory activities; which, may require the ability to develop and execute action plans resulting in the fulfillment of obligations associated with HIPAA, ERISA, IRS Section 125, ACA and other governing regulation.
- Represent the company’s interest in labor contract negotiations relative to health and welfare benefits through analysis of existing benefit programs, defining strategy and development of proposals aligned with company philosophy and financial objectives;
- Advance initiatives to consolidate/streamline regulatory reporting and achieve consistency in benefit document content and format, related policies and procedures spanning multiple plan options and across company divisions. Understand relevance of HIPAA, ACA, DOL, FMLA, ADA and other regulatory acts on plan provisions and program administration;
- Support the resolution of benefit legal inquires and actions. Review and prepare summary findings/recommendations for legal resources and ultimate approval for signature of proposed administrative service agreements, contracts and miscellaneous legal agreements. Assist with analysis and presentation of facts to support the decision making and approval process for claim related suits and settlements;
- Assist in developing strategic compliance goals for the organization and ensure consistency of approach related to compliance techniques and key findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management.
- Effective analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, legal resources and executive leadership, via written and/or verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize, and set goals.
- Must be highly organized, self-starting and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Analytical and conceptual thinker capable of executing ideas and influencing outcomes.
- Ability to:
- Develop plans and execute based on communicated goals
- Take responsibility for assignment completion and follow-through;
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external associates;
- Effectively communicate workload prioritization and progress to all interested parties.
- Working knowledge of effective Project Management principles and experience in their application;
- Demonstrated flexibility in a changing environment with the ability to anticipate challenges and their solutions.
- Understand the expectation that this position may require future relocation to Smithfield, Virginia.
- Requires travel, up to 50% of the time.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3f5ksndqbqvms6xt