Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting and reporting for certain client private equity portfolios and/or Fund products. This person helps coordinate the preparation and/or review of deliverables prepared by the third-party administrator and Hyderabad personnel as appropriate. Supports the Assistant Controller and Controller on all assigned portfolios.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develops, maintains and updates accounting records for assigned portfolios.
- Coordinate expectations, assignments, and deliverables with outside third-party administrator. Build rapport and full integration of business activities with administrator on assigned accounts.
- Assists and/or prepares financial statements, client reporting information, consultant reports and other financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepares the acquisition and disposition entries for all investments on assigned portfolios.
- Supports Assistant Controller and Controller with the external audit of their respective funds and/or investment portfolios as appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages the general accounting function concerning the accuracy of the ledger accounts and resulting financial statements.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains a working relationship with portfolio and other investment center teams as a part of the portfolio team.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with the third-party fund administrator to ensure financials and other deliverables are received by stated deadlines.
- Responsible for cash flow recording activities including contributions and distributions for assigned portfolios.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly distribution notices to clients and calculates management and other fees owed to Invesco.
- Coordinates with legal teams on the setup and liquidation of legal entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to Three (or more) years of private equity related work experience.
- Public Accounting background sought for position.
- CPA license preferred but not required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Investran software a plus.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals including both internal and external contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated, organized and flexible.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.