- You like numbers, you’re organized and you view things analytically with the proper attention to detail. You take pride in accurately reporting transactions and have strong communication skills.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA and/or advanced degree preferred
- Approximately 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and internal controls
- Experience with Oracle Financial and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
- You will be responsible for supporting the financial reporting for the consolidated company, FMR LLC. As a result, you will be exposed to a broad range of topics.
- You will have core responsibilities related to the monthly and quarterly close process, and work closely with Corporate Accounting team members as well as Finance, Tax, and Treasury.
The Skills You Bring
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that create and maintain strong, constructive relationships with business partners.
- You have a strong understanding of finance and accounting principles as well as a sense of accountability and ownership in your work.
- You are focused on details while maintaining a broad view of business objectives.
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- You have the ability to grasp complex organizational/ownership structures.
- You are highly motivated, flexible, quality focused, team player with strong organizational skills.
- You have a willingness to learn financial systems and multi-dimensional reporting tools (i.e., Oracle and Essbase) and are highly proficient in Excel.
The Value You Deliver
- Support accounting for income taxes for both the FMR LLC consolidated company as well as subsidiaries entities.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Working with the Consolidations and Reporting team, you will participate in the quarterly and annual financial statement reporting process including drafting footnote disclosures.
- Perform high-level analysis of quarterly results and balance sheet fluctuations.
- Implement and improve control processes to ensure Fidelity compliance with accounting procedures & policies.
- Respond to inquiries from other groups within Corporate Accounting as well as other teams outside of Corporate Accounting, including Finance, Tax, Treasury and Capital Planning, and auditors.
- Participate in special projects and perform ad hoc requests and deliverables as needed.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs