- Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join our growing team.
- The Senior Accountant will be a cornerstone of our finance/accounting team and will be responsible for providing reliable, timely and accurate financial data in a growth environment.
- This role will contribute, not only in finance and accounting but across the whole company.
- Duties will be a combination of standard assigned and project-based. This position will report directly to the Controller.
- Execute month-end close process for several legal entities including posting adjusting journal entries, generation of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows, and variance analysis of operational activity.
- Own the monthly close work, including month-end accruals/journals, fixed assets schedules, corporate credit card reconciliations, expense classification and allocation by the department, and reconciliations.
- Prepare and generate internal reporting as required by Senior Management.
- File monthly HST and payroll taxes.
- Maintain general ledger and sub-ledgers in accordance with IFRS.
- Provide support to the budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes including development of detailed operating plans and preparation of forward-looking financial models.
- Support annual financial statement audit including drafting financial statements, dealing with auditors, documentation, and implementation of internal controls.
- Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Support internal corporate reporting including SR&ED reporting.
- Execute monthly pay-runs including vendor payments, and payroll.
- Ability to document internal controls, processes, and walk-through documentation in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Support continuous improvement in finance, accounting, and other operations.
- Assist the Controller in the implementation of an ERP accounting system.
- Research and prepare technical accounting papers as required.
- 3+ years of accounting and finance experience at a public practice accounting firm (Big 4 preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related technical field.
- CPA designation.
- Analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented; Excellent communicator; Roll-up-the-sleeves and hands-on attitude.
- Strong desire to work in a start-up environment that is fast paced but challenging and rewarding.
- Knowledge of transfer pricing and intercompany transactions.
- An understanding of blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with crypto accounting.
- Mandarin Chinese / Korean speaking is a plus (optional).
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus options available in crypto assets.
- Travel to events and conferences (if desired).
- An opportunity to be part of the financial revolution.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs