Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Associate / Analyst will be working closely with team members to:
- Build detailed financial models to facilitate analysis of announced and potential corporate actions
- Review and interpret corporate filings and transaction related documents
- Produce event-driven frameworks for external distribution to institutional clients
- Generate and distribute original ideas relating to announced and speculated events
- Work closely with traders to facilitate client transactions and help manage the firm’s risk.
- Contribute ideas and perspectives on situations and communicate them to clients.
Desired skills/characteristics include:
- Looking for experienced analysts/junior associates with well-developed financial modeling and financial statement analysis background (2+ years of IBD or GIR experience preferred).
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to institutions, salesforce and equity traders.
- Strong interest in public markets and desire to work in a dynamic trading floor environment.
- Strong client communication and investor marketing skills
- Familiarity with different product areas (equities, derivatives, bonds, etc.)
- Desire and motivation to assist in developing client relationships and building a business
- Independent thinker with drive to deliver unique and differentiated ideas related to event-driven opportunities
- Ability and experience with organizing and analyzing event driven data are a big plus