- The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
- The Relationship Lending Group (RLG) is responsible for underwriting, structuring, executing and advising on relationship based lending and certain other financing transactions requiring a capital commitment from Goldman Sachs.
- Types of transactions can include unsecured revolvers, secured revolvers (ABLs and Borrowing Base facilities), term loans, delayed draw term loans, bridge loans and letter of credit facilities in the context of primary loan syndication, refinancing, amendments, secondary market purchases and bilateral lending.
- Members of the RLG Team work closely with:
- Syndication banks, borrowers and external legal counsel
- Investment Banking, Investment Grade Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Legal and Credit Risk Management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The Associate/Vice-President will work as an integral member of the team on the execution of relationship loans and management of the portfolio, analytics & reporting.
- The position involves working on multiple simultaneous transactions at various stages of execution. This includes liaising with business team on initial lending requests and following the transaction through the approval process, including managing the negotiation of loan documentation. Throughout the process you will be working with multiple GS teams while balancing conflicting priorities and ensuring significant issues are elevated to management.
- Management, analytics & reporting on the loan portfolio will involve producing both ad hoc analysis and presentations, as well as reports on a regular basis for senior management and various internal constituencies.
- Highly motivated and adaptable: ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills: able to manage multiple tasks and competing workstreams
- Demonstrated technical proficiency: experience building and working with excel-based models, as well as analyzing and summarizing results to produce succinct high-impact presentations
- Excellent communication skills: ability to speak with internal and external parties, such as IBD teams, syndication banks and GS clients
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in the financial markets and, particularly, debt capital markets / Leverage Finance markets (knowledge of the bank loan product and/or natural resources sector a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of financial services experience
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs