The Finance Technology team builds and operates the financial systems that support Amazon’s growing complexity and massive transaction volume. Our systems move billions of dollars each month, close the books, bill our customers, calculate and file taxes in many countries, and more.
The Finance Technology risk management team defines and continuously evaluates controls across the Finance Technology systems. We perform risk assessments, identify control gaps, and drive control remediation and control improvements. The team aligns the Finance Technology control framework with other teams to improve end-to-end control integrity. Also, we work closely with engineers to review system design and provide input on technical controls solution.
As a risk manager, you will lead projects to identify technical, functional, operational, and compliance risks, and drive projects to remediate issues, including technical and process fixes. You will work with teams across Amazon to track remediation, resolve issues, and report progress.
· Manage the Finance Technology control framework.
· Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve control design and testing practices.
· Communicate risk posture and project information to stakeholders.
· Give input to the strategy and design of new systems. Coach technical team members on designing appropriate solutions and presenting to executive audiences.
· Coordinate with finance and business teams to assess risks and align controls across platforms.
· Evaluate known issues and identify root causes through end-to-end financial processes.
· Train control owners and technical teams about controls, testing, and risk management. Perform control testing, as needed.
· Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon’s success firmly in your focus.
· 5+ years of experience in IT risk management, information security risk management, IT audit/internal audit, governance/risk/compliance, SoX
· Demonstrated strong knowledge in IT controls, risk assessments, and the design and testing of controls and security measures across diverse IT environments
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive level presentations
· Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain attention to detail, resolve issues, and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Proven ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations
· Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments
· BS degree
· Experience in Big 4 Accounting firms, large consultancies, or internal audit with a focus on IT
· Experience with financial processes such as accounting to financial reporting, order to cash, and procure to pay
· Experience with financial systems or ERP packages such as Oracle, SAP, Siebel, and PeopleSoft
· Experience driving process and technology changes in large organizations
· Experience with data analytics and metrics
· Master’s degree in computer science, information security, information systems, or relate field preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation