Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON’T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O’Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is the leading global online payment service built for the digital age. We now have over 250 million active customers around the world and handle almost a fifth of the world’s online payments. And we’re delivering the future of money – today. You can use PayPal anytime, anywhere, any way. PayPal continues to drive connected commerce across all channels – online, mobile and in-store. In Q! we we handled nearly $50 billion in mobile payments alone. Constantly innovating, creating experiences our customers love.
Analytics is core to PayPal and we are a highly data driven organisation. We leverage data driven insights extensively in the areas of Risk Management. To support our insatiable appetite for analytics, we are setting up a Global Analytics Centre of Excellence in Dublin, that will support global and regional analytics needs across the Commercial Risk Management function.
The Global Commercial Seller Risk team is responsible globally for the end to end management of seller risk for Large Enterprises These sellers (~2% of total actives sellers) process > $500 000/annum and comprise ~ 60% of our global processing volume.Job Description:
PayPal seeks a business-savvy, data-driven and action-oriented analytics professional to lead the Global Commercial Seller Risk Analytics and Business Insights team. This is intended to be a 4-5 person team focusing on three critical areas;
Business insights, KPI measurement, tracking, and ongoing monitoring of the Global Seller Risk Commercial portfolio health.
Portfolio level research- enabling us to cultivate deeper insights across our global sphere of merchants to help us to better optimize trade off’s and manage exposure, losses, profitability and customer experience, Identification of macro-economic factors, trends and leverage external information to help derive insights and decisions into our portfolio.
The mission of the team is to foster a data-driven culture and drive end-to-end customer thinking throughout PayPal – converting analysis and insights through to value articulation and realization.
The manager will assume day to day responsibility for running the team setting high benchmark, fostering a collaborative and execution results orientated culture to drive insights and portfolio oversight.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintenance, manage and tracking of all Key Performance Indicators for the Global Commercial Seller Risk business.
- Perform deep dive insights to understand the drivers behind performance at portfolio and commercial risk operational level.
- Assist in discovery of new opportunities to grow and optimize business, optimize resources and risk/reward trade off’s using a data driven analytical approach.
- Work closely with partners within Seller risk to design, track and estimate the benefit of new strategies and decisions to drive key business performance metrics.
- Develop and track appropriate metrics to estimate the impact of new strategies / decisions / initiatives, and determine if the impact is driving the business materially in the right direction.
- Convert business questions into analytical problems and implementable data analyses.
- Use analytics and statistics to improve our ability to detect, understand and address emerging trends
- Develop and apply statistical concepts/techniques to conducting Champion/Challenger Strategy Testing (Hypothesis Testing) to estimate the benefit of new strategies and policies implemented
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses with clear and effective communication and visualization (e.g., Excel Charts and PowerPoint slides) to all levels.
- Manage multiple priorities through solid Project Management practices.
- Discover new opportunities and identify gaps to grow and optimize business through Analytics.
- Support global and regional strategic initiatives across Product, Marketing and Business verticals.
- Partner across multiple global and regional functions and businesses.
- Use the power of analytics to identify optimization opportunities across seller risk management. Support rapid test and learn.
- Use analytics and statistics to improve our ability to detect, understand and address emerging trends across portfolio and identify levers that Risk and other stakeholders beyond risk can modify.
- 10+ years of related experience in Analytics in a fast moving and matrixed environment
- Prior experience in fraud, risk management, credit risk or business analytics
- Expertise in statistics and analytics, with a focus on utilising data insights to solve business problems.
- Command of Statistics and Optimization concepts (Educational qualifications and hands-on experience in a statistical role).
- Experience, comfort and interest in the manipulation and analysis of large datasets are required,
- Knowledge of and experience in data and visualisation tools SAS, SQL, Teradata, Python, QlikView, Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience visualizing data is required.
- Prior experience managing a team or teams of analytics professionals is preferred
- Strong desire and ability to work in a dynamic, innovative, fast-paced environment.
- High-energy and drive
- Ability to story-tell and translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations
- Strong quantitative background
- Outstanding problem solving skills, with strong ability to drive towards action and impact
- Ability to operate through ambiguity and change and to be able to course
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Innate curosity to learn and develop
- Bachelors, MBA/ Masters of Finance, Mathematics, statistics, computer science or economics preferred.
Dublin, Dublin, IrelandAdditional Locations:
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.