SoFi is looking for a motivated, collaborative, and intellectually-curious self-starter to help drive administration and enhancement of various programs within the Risk Management group. SoFi’s Risk Management Group has responsibility for ensuring that the organization’s growth in lending and other Member activities aligns with the company’s risk appetite. The Group directly manages credit risk strategies and policies for lending products, administers operational risk management program in tandem with business partners, promotes strong compliance with regulations, creates processes for excellent operational controls, and helps SoFi deliver on a great customer experience.
Job responsibilities can include:
- Manage and update various risk program policies and procedures
- Support compilation of materials for the various risk management committees
- Collaborate with the business lines to progress risk and control assessments, and action plans for identified issues
- Assist in the compilation of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and risk metrics
- Help embed and formalize processes and outputs into relevant GRC tools and risk repositories
- Help respond to Investor due diligence requests related to the various risk programs
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relevant information that helps management anticipate risks, and adjust strategies and controls appropriately
- Working with other SoFi teams to resolve outstanding risks, and following-up to ensure proper remediation
- Analyzing internal reporting and helping create presentation documents for various committees, and Board committees such as the Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Manage Risk Assessments, Due Diligence, and approvals from key stakeholders as part of the new vendor onboarding process
- As part of vendor risk management, support the business in Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Helping to drive RFP processes as well as planning and contract maintenance phases for key company relationships to help ensure that we receive proper pricing
- BA/BS required with a minimum of 5+ years related work experience in financial services and/or FinTech (enterprise risk management, operational risk management, internal audit, and vendor management strongly preferred)
- Positive energy, interpersonal horsepower, attention to detail, result-oriented, and organizational skills
- Ability to perform functions independently with limited supervision, and managing one’s own time and deadlines
- Understanding and knowledge of Regulatory guidance including federal and state privacy and data security laws, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Working knowledge of risk, compliance, and control practices as they relate to the financial and FinTech industry
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written), build consensus, resolve conflicts, and convert complex/technical concepts into clear and concise communications and presentations.
- Strong quantitative skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, modeling, and visual data presentation experience is a plus
- Possesses strong project management skills with the ability to hold cross-functional teams accountable for executing on deliverables
- Desire to build part of a growing function and business
- Prior vendor management experience with expertise in evaluating new relationships, performing oversight and resolving material issues is a plus
- Experience working in financial services, start-ups, consulting, risk, and/or related fields
- Free lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.