The Big Picture:
A top global bank seeks a Surveillance Monitoring and Testing (“SMT”) Compliance professional. This role is focused on managing the annual Americas corporate and investment bank risk assessment program. The Compliance Officer will annually reassess and enhance the risk assessment process and methodology and will coordinate annual implementation with the Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance Advisory groups. The Compliance Officer will also be responsible for preparing the final reports and for presenting the results to senior management.
The role will include a significant focus on Anti-Money and Financial Crimes related matters, and would like someone with strong experience in this space.
The Risk Assessments include the Corporate Risk Assessment and the three AML Risk Assessments: an Anti Money Laundering (AML) Risk Assessment, a Sanctions Risk Assessment and an Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Risk Assessment.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve and streamline current practices and methodology, taking into account issues of consistency between risk assessments, regions and businesses. Coordinate with Head Office and other regions on global and local issues impacting the Risk Assessments to ensure that US views and needs are represented.
- Create tactical solutions to meet immediate needs and partner with IT to identify and procure third party software and/or design strategic tools/systems to enhance the Risk Assessment program.
- Update and enhance policies and procedures related to the Risk Assessment program as methodologies and practices surrounding the Risk Assessment are changed and upgraded.
- Assist other Compliance teams (e.g. AML, Advisory) to conduct the Risk Assessments for AML, Sanctions, Anti- Bribery & Corruption and the General Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Prepare final risk assessment reports for each of the 4 risk assessments and present the results to senior management.
- Support the Core Compliance group’s process to review, analyze and communicate regulatory changes which may impact the Risk Assessment.
- Ensure in coordination with the Head of Advisory/Core/SMT that action items resulting from each of the risk assessments are properly implemented in an appropriate time frame.
- Support the processes for proper reporting to senior management and regulatory authorities (e.g. EPS and other MIS reporting).
- In the absence of other Compliance personnel provide, assist and cover where possible and support the SMT Compliance team in other day to day matters and projects.
- Represent the bank on industry bodies as agreed with the Head of SMT/Advisory/Core Compliance or the CCO.
The Background and Experience Needed to Succeed:
- 7+ years’ experience
- Experience developing and conducting enterprise-wide Risk Assessments for a wholesale banking entity
- Knowledge of sales, trading and structuring of securities and banking related products (project finance, aviation finance, trade finance, among others), including fixed income (ABS, CMBS, CLOs, credit, rates, foreign exchange), equities, commodities, and swaps/derivatives
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance and demonstrated ability to analyze new regulatory requirements; Legal background beneficial
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, with the ability to proactively identify and analyze problems, and propose viable solutions
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a number of demands simultaneously and bring projects to timely completion
- Ability to work independently while understanding when to involve other team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with various departments, business lines and jurisdictions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact and work closely with the business and infrastructure partners at all levels of seniority; comfortable with public speaking
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to Jack Kelly at email@example.com.