Lazard Asset Management now operates from 18 cities across 13 countries. Our investment personnel manage US $222.4 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
We are looking for an experienced Research Analyst, specializing in BioPharmaceuticals to join our US Equity team. As a Research Analyst at Lazard Asset Management, you will work as part of the Healthcare Research team and your day-to-day activities will include: Primary research of the US biopharmaceuticals industry, frequent interaction with senior management of companies being analyzed, financial analysis and modeling of companies under your coverage and investment recommendations to LAM’s Portfolio Managers.
• The Healthcare team’s disciplined process puts strong emphasis on primary research. The insight generated from the research process is communicated throughout the Team and leveraged across LAM’s portfolios. Stock picking is based on a disciplined relative valuation process.
• Teamwork is the foundation of Lazard Asset Management. As an Analyst, our team approach will allow you to benefit from the insight of your peers while being responsible and accountable for your individual insight and contribution to the team and portfolios.
• 7+ years of experience as an equity analyst (buy-side experience requited)
• Prior research experience covering US Healthcare companies, with a focus on Pharmaceuticals
• Experience analyzing and interpreting clinical data, particularly from key medical conferences, and distilling the investment implications.
• CFA preferred
• Excellent financial, analytical, modeling (Excel) and communication skills
• Willingness to travel (primarily US)
• Strong sense of individual responsibility and accountability
• Highly collaborative team-oriented individual