A top property and casualty insurance company seeks a Regulatory State Filings Manager. They would prefer that the person works out of their Michigan office, but would entertain someone working at another corporate office. This will be a working manager role for the insurance company and requires strong multitasking skills.
Manages the regulatory compliance function for the State Filings function. Provides oversight, management and guidance to ensure the company’s insurance operations are conducted in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
Manage, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- For a designated line of business, researches, prepares, files and negotiates approval of all rate, rule and form filings, including both bureau and company filings.
- Supervises the Rate, Rule and Form filing process.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to build and enhance regulatory relationships.
- Develops processes and systems to identify and stay current on laws and regulations.
- Research rate/rule/form filings, regulatory audit, and assessment functions.
- Interprets and implements relevant laws and regulations with support from Corporate Legal regarding rate/rule/form filings.
- Supports Corporate Legal in responding to market conduct and other regulatory audits related to rates/rules/forms and assessments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree area of focus in business, finance or economics preferred.
- ARC (Associate in Regulatory Compliance) Designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in Commercial, Property and Casualty lines compliance.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com