An international FinTech company seeks an Attorney in their New York offices.
The Regulatory Attorney will assist the Regulatory Affairs Division in connection with specific Regulatory Affairs deliverables, primarily relating to (but not limited to) Member resolution and firm Recovery and Wind-down as well as other projects and issues as they arise.
Essential Function / major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Primary responsibility for coordinating periodic updates to the firm’s Recovery and Wind-down Plan
- Support the Head of Regulatory Strategy and others in Regulatory Affairs with respect to all resolution-related work streams, including the following:
- Company’s response to Member resolution, and related work streams, including the following: (i) updating documentation, including the Member Checklist, the Resolution Playbook, and related documents; (ii) responding to various resolution-related consultations; (iii) ensuring that the company will comply with the FSB’s updated Guidance, and (iv) organizing and leading a resolution War Game.
- Monitoring relevant regulatory developments relating to recovery and resolution
- Interacting with Members with respect to their resolution plans, as requested
- Facilitate timely, high quality regulatory deliverables by coordinating and managing expectations internally as well as with regulatory stakeholders
- Assist in monitoring regulatory authorities, governmental bodies, and industry groups for relevant issuances or decision making that may impact the company
- Assist in preparing regular reports to regulators, senior management and the Board
- Assist in coordinating with relevant corporate functions (i.e. Risk Management, Compliance and Legal) to help provide an integrated, consistent, and forward-looking perspective with respect to resolution or other issues
- Must be comfortable assisting with the process of leading interdepartmental projects and organizing work streams that require input from various departments.
- Facilitate the ongoing development of the Regulatory Affairs function as the knowledge center for the company on all policy matters related to resolution and other matters
- Assist in managing and evolving corporate relationships with regulatory stakeholders with a specific focus on resolution
- Support and assist in further developing the company’s relationships with the regulatory community and industry groups across jurisdictions relating to resolution and other matters
- Assist with monitoring of governmental bodies and industry groups in the region for decision making that impacts the company and/or its Settlement Members relating to resolution and other matters
Experience / essential and desired for successful job performance
- Experience at either a law firm or a governmental agency
- Advanced degree required, Law school
- BA / BS required
Knowledge, skills and abilities / competencies required for successful job performance
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Ability to quickly understand complex concepts
- Excellent judgment
- High level of maturity and ability to engage with regulatory authorities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to break down complex information into simple and concise language for a range of audiences
- Innovative thinker and effective problem solver
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks with tight and often competing deadlines
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to build strong relationships and co-operate effectively internally as well as externally
- Comfortable working with senior management
- Familiar with the international regulatory environment (ideally applicable to payment systems and risk management concepts) and/or relevant industry groups
- Knowledge/understanding of the key players in the regulatory community (e.g. the Federal Reserve, Bank of England, BIS)
- Understanding of and interest in the FX market, current and evolving regulatory environment, oversight of financial services, risk management expectations and standards
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com.