Yelp is looking for a content-creating guru who lives for the chance to grow our Employer Brand through all online platforms.
The Recruitment Marketing Strategist is responsible for the ongoing management and growth of Yelp Careers’ social media presence and increased brand engagement, in alignment with brand voice, business strategies and audience objectives.
You will serve as a full time online community manager for all Yelp Careers social channels, working with our existing communications team to monitor all social properties, create unique and engaging content, and actively participate on social media. This includes reviewing and preparing content and coordinating production deadlines with news events, company announcements, marketing efforts and community interests.
The Recruitment Marketing Specialist must have strong creative and professional writing skills and will work as part of the Recruiting team to brainstorm and create social initiatives that grow our brand as a five-star employer. You will be a continuous learner, following and absorbing the trends of social media and incorporating best practices into the company’s social strategy to successfully/strategically attract top talent.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition leaders to develop creative content plans that leverage the social media space and continue to build the Yelp employer brand. You will play a significant role in the strategy and execution of ideas across platforms, as well as collaborate with our Engineering, G&A, and Sales recruiting teams to support hiring initiatives across all departments of the organization.
- Responsible for developing content across owned social channels, including data/surveys, infographics/visuals, tweets, status updates, blog posts, pins, photos and videos.
- Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to gain assets, approvals and content needed to support the editorial calendar.
What You’ll Need:
- You must love Yelp – full stop. As the voice of our brand across our channels, your enthusiasm and “crush it” attitude has got to be the real deal. We love robots, but we don’t hire them at Yelp.
- 1-2 years direct experience developing content and managing social properties in a professional environment with consumer-facing channels/messages.
- Experience writing, editing, and crafting influential content for leading social media platforms.
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing, and executing social media initiatives – specifically business to consumer.
- Real-word experience planning social media programs that span owned (e.g. Blogs), earned (e.g. Facebook) and paid (sponsored posts and tweets).Knowledge of key social media platform guidelines, including, but not limited to those associated with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of social advertising methods including the use of Facebook Ad Manager and Power Editor is a plus.
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools with platforms such as SproutSocial and HootSuite a plus.
- Experience with photography and/or photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop) a plus.
- BA or BS with focus on communication, advertising and/or marketing.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion and intellectual curiosity for all things social mobile and digital emerging technologies.
- Deep social media expertise both from a strategy and execution standpoint.
- Generate digital and online content strategies.
- Experience integrating content into multiple social distribution channels.
- Strong storytelling / copywriting / copy editing skills.
- Deep understanding of the social graph as well as user experience on social properties.
- Strong sense of professionalism and judgment in response to issues in the public social media space.
- Should be a problem solver, a self-starter, and a forward thinker – that special sauce comprised of patience, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and is extremely organized, in the way that annoys roommates.
- Love for Yelp!