The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm’s real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are a great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks an Associate within RMD US Real Estate to support the Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division Private Real Estate (“GSAM PRE”) team that invests directly in individual properties and portfolios within the office, industrial, multifamily, and retail property types throughout the US that are in the core, core-plus, and value-add risk profiles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary responsibilities will include managing a portfolio of 5 to 15 assets (core to value-add risk profiles) which includes business plan preparation and presentation, developing monthly cash flow projections, monthly and/or quarterly reporting, oversight of third party service providers, capital plan oversight, business plan execution, and ultimate disposition of real estate assets.
- Formulate and execute asset management strategies to maximize asset performance through knowledge of real estate markets and value-add strategies
- Engage and provide oversight of third parties which perform the day-to-day operations of the assets, including, but not limited to operating partners and property management companies, conduct weekly / monthly calls and asset visits, negotiate commercial leases
- Prepare and present business plans, including financial and asset performance data
- Establish strategic goals in conjunction with the GSAM PRE team for the asset including leasing and disposition strategy
- Support the acquisition of real estate investment opportunities through due diligence and underwriting efforts
- Review and analyze various asset reports from third parties, including monthly PMC operating reports, accounting files, CapEx projections and monthly Rent Rolls
- Lead disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Compliance and Legal
- Strong academic background – 4 year finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- 5+ years of real estate experience with a focus on asset management and transaction experience in multiple CRE product types (office, industrial, retail, etc.)
- Effective management and leadership skills
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know MS Office Excel and Argus to an advanced level
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required