Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The world is full of fascinating questions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to research impactful questions about the future of companies, economies, financial markets, new technologies, and changing industries. You will use those insights to benefit thousands of retirees, savers and institutions who are counting on us to make prudent financial decisions on their behalf. Our work allows clients to fulfill their long-term financial goals – whether it’s a foundation seeking to fund cutting edge medical research or a retired teacher saving for their grandchild’s college tuition. As a member of our Investment Strategy function, you will implement creative research methods, access industry-leading data and experts, and collaborate with colleagues from around the world to achieve these insights on behalf of our clients.
Specifically, we are seeking qualified candidates to join our Investment Strategy team. You will provide quantitative research to the firm’s talented community of investors, pursuing projects from idea generation and prototyping, to validation and production. You will be immersed in complex data sets, faced with compelling investment challenges and encouraged to solve problems through the use of innovative techniques. You will work with and learn from exceptional investment professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and assignments. Ongoing training and development will be provided to further develop and hone your quantitative and fundamental skillset.
– Design/support/enhance core platform components currently implemented in Java/Python/Matlab
– Design/support/enhance infrastructure (AWS and non-AWS) components.
– Design/support/enhance persistence (data storage/retrieval, AWS RDS, S3) components.
– Help refine architecture, build out supporting infrastructure, and contribute to rollout of new quantitative models
– Complete complex analytical projects and statistical analyses across securities, asset classes and economic relationships
– Build predictive models using various data sources to build out data-driven investment hypotheses
– Assist with portfolio construction, factors, risk management, and trading analysis
– Create visualizations and dashboard views using various data sets
– Manipulate both structured and unstructured data
– Research macroeconomic themes and factors
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, sciences, or related field
– 3+ years of experience as a software developer supporting rapid paced delivery
– Strong software design skills including object oriented and functional designs
– Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
– Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning. Direct experience with Oracle is a plus
– Experience with Amazon Web Services including CloudFormation, Lambda, and EC2 is a strong plus
– Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies
– Experience in Financial Industry or mathematical background is a strong plus
– Curiosity and ability to tackle problems creatively
– Strong work ethic
– Focus on continuous improvement
– Willingness and ability to take risks and try new things
– Strategic mindset
– Self-initiative and ability and interest to learn independently and from peers
– Ability to integrate and synthesize relevant information, and test hypotheses using statistics and modern data science techniques
Quantitative Software Engineer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com.