First Republic and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. First Republic specializes in delivering exceptional, relationship-based service, with a solid commitment to responsiveness and action. Services are offered through preferred banking or wealth management offices primarily in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, San Diego, Portland, Boston, Palm Beach, Greenwich, and New York City. First Republic offers a complete line of banking products for individuals and businesses, including deposit services, as well as residential, commercial and personal loans.
As a strategic service offering, First Republic’s “Enterprise Data and Client Insight” (EDCI) office works collaboratively with business and Information Technology to manage engagements and lead teams of data analysis resources in and assists the bank to leverage data as an asset throughout its business processes by offering information solutions to develop enterprise view of data – including Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Management and Data Quality and Governance. This individual will be at the nexus of helping the bank’s leadership maximize the value of our data to make more informed decisions, service clients and capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
Over the years, First Republic’s focus on exceptional, relationship-based service and consistent leadership has led to continuous growth and profitability. At First Republic, it’s all about embrace change and every person has the opportunity to grow and contribute. First Republic is in fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of First republic team means you will specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Banking and Capital Investments, or Information Technology Services.
As a Quantitative Analyst, this person will work on a number of initiatives to improve and develop the analytics infrastructure in all areas of the bank. This person will work on cross divisional project teams with members of EDCI, Enterprise Risk, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis teams, Information Services, and Data Management teams. Possible projects include deriving customer insights through predictive modeling; addressing business needs and recommend solutions; determining the most effective means of meeting our risk, regulatory reporting and financial planning requirements; determining quantitative strategies for social media and marketing.
Key Responsibilities include assisting the Chief Data Officer and Head of Analytics in envisioning, designing, planning, building and deploying (release, maintenance, monitoring) information and analytics solutions. From time to time, the analyst will participate in related activities including various data governance and data profiling initiatives, application development and vendor evaluation, Executive Management Reports and other analytic activities as needed.
A few example projects relevant to the position are:
Develop predictive models leveraging a range of regressions and machine learning tools and techniques
Translate business problems into statistical problems, and develop statistical models to support business needs, such as Net Promoter Score, pricing policy, cross-sell targeting, Consumer Credit Risk Modeling, Portfolio Risk Modeling, scoring, scorecard building, Credit Risk Analysis
Extract credit and retail banking transaction data, conduct exploratory data analysis, and address common data issues like missing and extreme values
Derive customer insights through predictive modeling to address business needs, and recommend solutions
Design data-driven marketing initiatives to manage customer relationship, drive sales, enhance executions, and increase productivity
Assist or drive the full project lifecycle including requirements gathering, functional design, installation, user acceptance testing, issue resolution and production implementation
Analyze source systems and provide source to target mapping for the data warehouse
Analyze business requirements for new predictive models and reports to be developed
Document analysis processes and results, summarize data insights, and present key findings to CDO office and other stakeholders
Use advanced analytics to assess portfolio performance, identify business opportunities, and drive critical business decisions
Design, development and deployment of self service reports, scorecards and dashboards based on analytical data
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience
- A degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics with a minor in economics, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
- A minimum 2+ years of relevant corporate work experience working on programming, data analytics, quantitative modeling
- Banking experience is a plus but a candidate that can clearly articulate the transferability of out of industry skills will be considered
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently, both with internal and external (partner) resources
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Programming skills in prototyping languages like python
- Statistical skills and experience with languages like R
- Ability to work with large databases and devising queries using SQL
- An understanding of the data used and the associated inherent issues in Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, or Asset Management would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience in executing all phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.