The Model Risk Quantitative Analyst within the Americas Model Risk Management (AMRM) Unit is responsible for executing best-practice model validation activities consistent with the Bank’s Model Governance Policy and ensuring business processes related to models are in compliance with applicable governance and policy requirements.
- Independently validate Bank models which will include an assessment of model conceptual soundness, evaluation of data and assumptions, testing model computational accuracy, and performing outcomes analysis (such as back-testing and bench-marking).
- Document and present observations to managers of the Americas Model Risk Management and to model owners and users, recommend management action plans, and track remediation progress.
- Monitor model performance reports on an on-going basis to ensure models remain valid. Support the creation and maintenance of the enterprise-wide model inventory, model control standards, and model risk ranking.
- The models include those used within the various Business Units for supporting financial reporting, risk management, decision-making, CCAR stress testing, and economic capital estimation.
- 3+ years of experience within the financial services industry.
- An advanced degree in finance, economics, statistics or related field (Master’s or PhD preferred) and industry certifications a plus (e.g., CFA, FRM).
- Proven track record of strong technical model development, model management, and/or model oversight in one or more of the following areas: CCAR stress testing, credit risk management (wholesale experience a plus), operational risk, and consumer lending.
- Knowledgeable about model risk management and associated regulatory requirements such as FRB SR 11- 7/OCC 2000-16.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.